The following events, links and resources may be of interest:
- The Center for Mindfulness Studies is a charity bringing mindfulness-based therapy into communities across Toronto and beyond. It offers personal programs to the public, and is the leading provider of professional mindfulness training in Canada.
- Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, provides information about mindful self compassion courses, workshops, teacher training and conferences. Founded by Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer.
- Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education, a non-profit based in Vancouver, focus on heart-based education, research, conferences, seminars.
- Garrison Institute, Garrison New York, See their full calendar for over 70 upcoming retreats and programs. For example, Sharon Salzberg, Ali Smith, Atman Smith and Andreas Gonzales – Health and Healing: Contemplative Care for Caregivers, Feb 13-15, 2015.
- Greater Good Science Centre, University of California, Berkeley. Studies the psychology, sociology and neuroscience of well-being. Magazine,videos, podcasts, quizzes, seminar series, Summer Institute for Educators, free 8-week online course “The Science of Happiness”.
- Insight Meditation Society, Barre, Massachusetts. Insight, loving-kindness and personal retreats for meditators with senior teachers.
- Kripalu, The Centre for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Residential workshops, training, retreats in yoga, holistic health, meditation and self discovery.
- Mindful Magazine, monthly publication, , includes inspiring stories, advice and articles of interest (e.g.. Research Roundup – research compiled by the Centre for Investigating Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconsin- Madison, the Centre for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts medical School, compiled and written by the Greater Good Science Centre at UC Berkeley.
- Omega, Rhinebeck, NY. A non-profit educational holistic retreat centre offering workshops, professional training, conferences.
- Spirit Rock, Woodacre, CA. Offers retreats, classes and events with distinguished teachers Jack Kornfield, Sylvia Boorstein and others.
- Tricycle, Magazine, online community, film club, retreats, e-books, app.
- True North Insight Meditation Centre: Insight meditation weekly sittings and retreats in Montreal, Kingston, Ottawa and Toronto, English and French.
Special events / conferences / retreats
- Mindfulness Challenge 2016 – A Compassionate World is a meditate-athon to raise funds for mindfulness therapy for the disadvantaged. October 30, 11 am – 3 pm at Daniels Spectrum, Toronto.